For 25 years, PA has acted as a strategic advisor to governments, corporations, and individuals. Our role is to analyse the challenge, devise and implement the strategy, and help our clients achieve the right result.
Length of contract:
Permanent, Full Time
August 8, 2023
February 29, 2024
This is a permanent, full-time role in our London office, with opportunities for international travel – which are strongly encouraged.
PA Group is a global strategic advisory firm. Over the last 25 years, we have grown from a boutique strategic communications firm into a leading international consultancy. We advise governments, embassies, corporations, and individuals on a wide range of complex policy and communications issues. Our work is typically at the nexus of the worlds of politics, business, and the media.
Our mission is to participate in – and positively impact – the great debates of our age, including (but not limited to): geopolitical crises, election campaigns, high-value litigation cases, international events, and public diplomacy initiatives. In all our work we are guided by our core values of honesty, integrity, ambition, and accountability. We are not just problem-solvers; we are pioneers who lead the way in finding unique, impactful solutions to the challenges faced by our clients.
We are recruiting consultants to work across our global client accounts. We are hiring at a range of levels, but are especially looking for candidates with 1-4 years of relevant experience who can hit the ground running, supporting projects across our regional teams and practice areas, and contributing to advising clients, research, analysis, and content development.
Successful candidates will be highly ambitious, motivated, capable of excelling under pressure, and have a keen interest in politics and international affairs. Candidates will demonstrate excellent research, analysis, and writing skills, and will be able to grasp a range of complex policy and client issues. Candidates should be focused, organised, and committed, with the ability to work well in multiple teams while also displaying an independent and proactive mindset.
As a consultant at PA, your responsibilities may include the following:
- Strategic Advisory and Client Relations: Supporting teams in the provision of high-level strategic advice to clients, producing high-quality briefing materials and advice notes, attending meetings and events, and contributing to other deliverables and client needs.
- Teamwork: Working closely with colleagues across the business, proactively seeking information, resources, and support from others, demonstrating a willingness to provide support beyond core responsibilities, including out-of-hours where necessary.
- Content Development: Producing high-quality written content on behalf of clients in English. As necessary, this may include articles, speeches, press releases, social media content, etc.
- Research & Analysis: Work with a wide range of materials and information, and grasp complex policy issues, to consistently deliver client-ready, fact-based materials, including briefings, talking points, and media analysis.
- Business Development: Contribute to new ideas and fresh thinking on client strategies and tactics, help organise and attend marketing and networking events, and continually looking for opportunities to develop their own and the company’s business networks.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Successful applicants must have:
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, in English.
- An exceptional academic track record, evidence of excellent research and analysis skills, and high attention to detail.
- A demonstrable interest in politics, international affairs, communications, public affairs, or journalism/media.
- Exceptional work ethic, organisational skills, and the ability to juggle competing deadlines effectively, while also demonstrating independence and initiative.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to be a team player – willing to go above and beyond, sometimes including at short notice or outside of core working hours.
- Fluency in a second language (particularly French, German, Arabic, Spanish, Russian and Mandarin) is considered an advantage, but by no means essential.
WHAT WE OFFER
At PA Group, we are committed to fostering an environment that prioritizes growth. This applies as much to our employees, as our firm. From entry-level upwards, our employees are entrusted with a much higher degree of autonomy and responsibility than in comparable companies and sectors, which will accelerate your career development in line with the fast-paced nature of our work. Across the business, team members are encouraged to develop and implement creative solutions to complex, challenging problems, and given the chance to contribute to some of the world’s most significant debates.
Our global footprint gives our employees exposure to a variety of markets. We promote opportunities to travel internationally, and to work from our offices around the globe. Across our projects, our team also regularly work alongside, and learn from, our network of Associates – global leaders in their respective fields. Across the business, our team are encouraged to build a global network, and are empowered to do so through opportunities to attend high-level events.
As a privately owned business, we understand that our strength lies in our people. We offer an attractive compensation package that includes:
- Competitive remuneration
- Discretionary, performance-based bonuses
- A companywide profit-sharing scheme
- A pension scheme
- Fully funded private medical insurance
- A hybrid work policy
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave
We also pride ourselves on an inclusive and non-hierarchical company culture. We offer all employees a comprehensive Learning & Development programme, host regular social events (including a whole-company annual trip), and promote regular inter-office travel and interaction.
Please send your CV, and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Consultant/Senior Consultant – PAA- Job Application”.
Your cover letter should be no longer than 500 words, and should include:
- Why you are applying for a job at PA
- What attributes (in terms of skills and/or experience) make you well-suited for the Consultant Role
- Confirmation of your notice period (if any)
- Current salary (if any)
- Whether you are legally entitled to work in the UK
Please note due to the high volume of applications we receive; we may not be able to respond to all applicants.
We value diversity and aim for our workforce to be representative of all sections of society. Our recruitment process is competency based and no applicant will be discriminated against regardless of their age, colour, disability, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, race, religion, or belief and/or sexual orientation.
COMMITMENT TO CSR
At PA, we pride ourselves on not only delivering exceptional strategic advice but doing so with a deep sense of responsibility. We value giving back by striving to contribute to the betterment of society and a sustainable future. Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) policy is a testament to our commitment to making a positive impact beyond business success. It is rooted in two main pillars: purpose-oriented projects and environmental responsibility. PA actively invests in the communities it serves through pro-bono projects which leverage the company’s skills and networks. In addition, PA is dedicated to reducing its environmental impact. By offsetting our carbon footprint and implementing sustainable practices such as reducing waste, conserving energy, and promoting eco-friendly transportation, we ensure that our operations are aligned with a greener future.